Generation eXcess << Behind the Scene >>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 162 on Tue May 14, 2019 6:21 pm
Latest topics
» It happened
Hints & Tips - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 2:25 am by The Immortal Arkken

» Thank you, GX
Hints & Tips - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:59 pm by cbbakke

» GX PPV: Brisas de Verano 2014 (2014-09-19)
Hints & Tips - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 3:36 pm by The Immortal Arkken

» 3rd Show GX (2014-09-12)
Hints & Tips - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 2:24 pm by The Immortal Arkken

» 2nd Show GX (2014-09-05)
Hints & Tips - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 2:15 pm by The Immortal Arkken

» 1st Show GX (2014-08-29)
Hints & Tips - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:12 am by The Immortal Arkken

» Any NFL Fans
Hints & Tips - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 10:29 pm by cbbakke

» Elimination Matches
Hints & Tips - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:05 pm by Black Spirit

» Win/Lose Records & Divisions
Hints & Tips - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 3:05 pm by Black Spirit

Hints & Tips

5 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Hints & Tips - Page 5 Empty Re: Hints & Tips

Post  Guest Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:10 pm

As balance you definitely do not need increased attack. I wouldn't go with power body either as you should have good hps from versatility. The 3 big ones I would focus on are increased resistance (#1), damage resistance, & power blow.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:13 pm

ok another question

is buying the gym for 2000 ex and 500000 fantarous worth it???
like what does that give you???

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:44 pm

When you buy a gym you can train and gain a instant +4 block/dodge,stamina etc (but you need pay for it too)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:05 pm

I would not buy the gym on TWG. You should use all your money for entrances since that brings in more fans and money for both you and your fed. The levels on the gym also do not stack like special abilities, i.e. for level one you get +20 stamina, for level 2 you still only get +20 stamina, so the actual xp cost is only less for the first level of the gym anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:59 am

Ok, I've been pretty stumped at the overall... crudiness of the performance of my guy. And its progessively gotten worse. Mapoko has helped me a bit. I've been able to get to the point where I am able to dodge and block hits more... but I can barely HIT anthing. Ironically, if I win a match anymore, its because I hit with my Thunderkiss 65, and its the least likely to hit ANYTHING lol. So here are the overall specs of my guy, let me know if you guys see any glaring holes in it (and I'm sure you will).

Health Point: 3610
Stamnia: 1415.5
Allowed Attacks: 9 (bonus 32%)
Denied Attacks: 5 (bonus 80%)
Attack Bonus: 155
Initiative Bonus: 20
Submission Bonus: 6
ADR gain: 29
Bleeding Bonus: 77
Pin Bonus: 24
Direct Damage Increaser: 123%
Submission Damage Increaser: 7%
Damage Reducer: 253%
Stamina Reducer: 52%
Block: 36
Dodge: 34
Escape Submissions: 29%
Pin Opp: 22

Best I can figure, my attack bonus is so low, that at the level I'm out, everyone else's dodge is just entirely too high to the point I can't hope to land a hit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Spirit Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:36 am

I think one of the first things you have to decide is what kind of build you want so you can focus on raising the skills you need to turn your character into that desired type of wrestler.

Being a Resistance guy doesn't necessary mean that you have to sit down and watch your guy get all beat up until you have a one-in-a-match chance to hit a big move. Zakhyo and Quarion have a build that let them throw some big moves and at the same time they're pretty hard to wear down. Maybe you can take a look at their skills.

One issue I see with your stats is that you have points spread all over which is something I wouldn't recommend. Look at some of my points:

Submission Bonus: 1
Submission Damage Increaser: 1%
Pin Opposition: 1

I'm not a submission guy so I don't use my time on those skills.

Pinning Bonus: 11

The only reason I spent on this was to acquire one big move.

Block: 7
Dodge: 341

I focus on the Dodge and not both of them. I used to spend of both and the results weren't as good as the ones I'm getting now. The only reason I have 7 on Block was to buy one big move.

Direct Damage Increaser: 714%
Attack Bonus: 309
Allowed Attacks: 11 (bonus 80%)

I'm a hitter, that's why I focus on these because I like to hit hard and as many blows as I can.
Black Spirit
Black Spirit
Admin

https://blackspirittwg.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:49 pm

Do a stat reset.

Pick a moveset via the move table. Only 3 moves per position (the best you can get ofc). Forget any sub moves.

Be careful not to pick useless stats (or at least not many) to unlock the moves. For example there are at least 3 moves of every type with same stats, but require different stats.

Stat levels - At least you have good amount of stats. You may unlock some good moves from str for example.

Stat points :
Resist -
(A) concentrate your effort on pacifation ! That is your main strength as resist. If you get 60 for example not many people will hit you for more than 3 times. I wish I could get that much ...
(B) You dont need the Will skill at all. If you are going to lets say lvl 60 class skill you will barely need 5-6-10 for some move. Use it ONLY for that purpose.

If I were you I would get lvl 65 pacifation, lvl 65(60) main skill,and just unlock the moves I want with the rest of the skills.and just drop the rest of the points randomly, but lets face it - more than 20 points (in your case 65) for just 20 natural HP. Is it worth it ? HELL NO ! Thats 2-3 or even 4 % DR instead. 20HP is 1000xp. That are ... 50 matches for you ?

Feel free to pump the rest of the stats in DR/HP/Stamina tho.

(C) Tech - as you wont have any sub moves that renders 3 of the stats useless. SB, SDI and Escape sub. With enough stamina and DR you wont need ES. Not to mention you need at least 150 to work. You dont have the XP, not to mention if you do its not "extra".
So max out Feint (or stop at 50) and the rest in block. Unless you spot a good move, but I highly doubt its worth it.

I can see you didnt get any SB/SDI - good. But ES is ust not worth the 210+ stat p. Frankly, with 65 Pacifation you wont need much Feint, BUT that is a stat that cant be increased with XP, so its more useful to max it and then get block instead of vice versa.

Speed -

(D) Dodge ? - with what I told you in tech part ... - NO dodge. Unless you want a good move, but Idoubt you will unlock better move than you have from Res.

Initiative - XP based stat. You need barely 13 to unlock a good standing move and thats it. NOT saying you dont need init in general !

(E) Pin bonus - NO! Same as Will. Wasted 300 points there ...

And now a shocked (XD) - Max out Lightness.
Why ? - People on your level (30 was it) did pump pacifation like crazy. So you need something like lvl 50-55 Frenzy to be able to hit em more than 3 times, but I will write about it later.
(F) And ofc the rest goes in ... frenzy, simply because of compared usefulness. Hey, some guys may not have more than 8 denied and you may get lucky !
I would've gone for max out (rounded up to 5 OFC!) frenzy, but I can afford 3000 stamina and with that to sacrifice 10-12% lightness.

Str - no useless stats there for me, but for you - maybe only the bleed one.
I will suggest you to get rocket launcher (grounded). Costs 20 AB 20 Bleed or 25 AB 15BB (for more stat points, but less useless stat lvl) After your big splash pin was it ? that is a good move. and I dont remember the name of the one for ground ... Was it Firespin or legdrop or ...

Might
Rage - save some xp and get this for your fin.
AB - get a good base around 20. later the cost per point is getting stupid (like the HP I explained above)
BB - only to unlock moves
(G) Berserk - if you are going for many attacks (Check Frenzy lines) try to max it out. If not - get around 40. There are few good combinations Berserk + Rage = stunned move with 60 dmg. (Sorry dont have the table before me)
So for Move sake (and not only) you can get it above 45.

And the excess points - get DDI to around 15 for fair point per stat ratio (after you finish with unlocking) then decide where to put the rest. I would put em in Berserk (check pacifation).

(H) - About the AB - the main thing you need to actually hit is move levels. Level 40 move gives you 50-60 natural AB. That means it has 66% chance to penetrate block 60 with no AB from you.
That said - get at least 200 AB for starters.

Health Point: 3610 - good amount for tank
Stamnia: 1415.5 - if you are going to tank get 100-200 more.
Allowed Attacks: 9 (bonus 32%) (F) (G)
Denied Attacks: 5 (bonus 80%) - (A) (C)

Attack Bonus: 155 - you need tons of that (H)
Initiative Bonus: 20 - covered that somewhere above.
Submission Bonus: 6 - (C)
ADR gain: 29 - Finisher cost / 15 = AB. I do it 12 for myself, some ppl do it 20, but that depends on is your fin 1 timer or you expect 2 (or 3) hits to be able to tire down the opponent. Which in your case is a possibility. So 15. Dont waste that precious XP there.
Bleeding Bonus: 77 - Resists dont unlock any good bleeding moves. Having less than 50% of your moves being bleed + low DDI = slim chance to even hope to bleed someone. In your case a person with 250DR wont get a scratch in first 40 moves even if every 2nd move you do is bleed.
Pin Bonus: 24 - (E)
Direct Damage Increaser: 123% - you need tons, but I am not sure if you can exceed the average DR on your opponents. So you may go for tanking instead. (No DDI)
Submission Damage Increaser: 7% - (C)
Damage Reducer: 253% - max out Wink
Stamina Reducer: 52% - covered somewhere above
Block: 36 - (C)
Dodge: 34 - (D)
Escape Submissions: 29% - (C)
Pin Opp: 22 - (B)

Well, thats it.
Sorry for not being on 100% (build wise), but I will be driving 210km in 6 hours and I just lost an hour of sleep writing Very Happy
P.S. I may not have stable internet access for next 2 weeks (or maybe 20 days), so if you have additional questions - you will have to wait ot PM me in the forums (TWG msgs gets deleted when they reach 5 days old).
P.P.S : Feel free to fill in for me in the show. I have something in mind, but I guess I will improvise depending on what is happening.

P.P.P.S : If you feel like for every X hits from your side you can AFFORD to be hit 3 times you can go like I did in 1 experiment AT build :

NO B/D. Good amount of : AB, DR(thats key, since you will be hit), Stamina and HP. You just dont have the XP for me to add "And pump the rest in DDI"
Around 300 AB will do. and as much as possible DR ! You may even stop at 3000hp total

PPPPPPPPPPPPP S : I almost forgot - level your moves !
Op - 3x-3,5x
Stand - 3x-3.5
Bent - 3x
Groggy - 5x
Ground - 3,5x-4x
Stunned - 4x
Rest 1x-2x

That may vary if you have better moves in Bent, for example, than I do. But I doubt that your main position wont be groggy.
Get a good level on Op and Stand !!! Those moves are cheap and if you miss any of them you wont even TRY to hit a big one.
They are both cheap and have low timer cost. So I will recommend equalizing them with groggy, but you will decide the exact numbers, because you know what you have. I am just giving you a good pattern Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  SJ Dixon Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Quick question about health points. I've just tried a re-adjustment with my build and it seems to have failed badly! (although for some reason I manage to have much closer matches with Arkken, until he hits the Coffin anyway. Must be something to do with his style?).

The other thing I was thinking of trying was to up my health points. I had a lot of matches where I lost (before my failed attempt at an improvement) despite doing more damage to my opponents. So does anyone have any thoughts about how high health points should be?

Mine are currently at 1130
SJ Dixon
SJ Dixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Semag D'Nim Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:36 pm

So many people have finishers that do so much damage (a lot are 10k+ damage) that Damage Resistance seems to be far more important than hit points. I have 3630 hit points, and a lot of the matches I have it's still "who hits a finisher first" - but until I reset my finishers (which I may do this offseason), mine are still fairly low compared to most I see.

Semag D'Nim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Immortal Arkken Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:15 pm

Raising your dodge/block skill definitely seems to help, and having a strong finisher like the Coffin or the Incantatrix's Spell can win you a lot of matches. The secret to a strong finisher (mine costs about 900 adrenaline) is to have only one. That way, it gets more executions and levels up more quickly.

The best thing you can do, though, is to vote every day in order to get 10 TPs. You then subscribe to two private leagues for your level that accept 40 wrestlers (like the eXcessive beatdowns leagues) and get 39 matches twice, once they are full. It is great for experience and executions.

The Immortal Arkken

Back to top Go down

Post  SJ Dixon Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:41 am

Thanks for the replies guys.

The issue I have with a really high damage 100,000+ finisher like Incantrix's Spell is I don't see the point in doing that much damage.

Even if someone has full health and a really high defence. The most damage you'd probably need to do to finish the match with one move would be around 30-50,000. And I still think that's being overly safe. Or am I missing something with this?

Also, what are everyone else's hit points at? I can already see I'm around 2500 lower than Semag. Is it just me that low??
SJ Dixon
SJ Dixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Semag D'Nim Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:38 pm

My stamina's also at 1403,04, and I know that's helped me out a lot. It's always funny to me to see the people with the huge finishers who have low stamina go straight to red after hitting their move.

Semag D'Nim

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Spirit Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:49 pm

One thing that helps is combining what you know with the basics of each type of player, which are explained somewhere in the forum (FAQs, I think).

Basically there are some skills and advance technique that are plain worthless and you must skip them. There are like 6 or 7 ATs that really can help you to become pretty strong but you should only go with 4 or 5 (unless you're a TWG freak that has 100 matches a day... cough... cough.. Gorbus... cough).

The regular players will be dominant against a type of builds, while others will be a pain in their butts.
Black Spirit
Black Spirit
Admin

https://blackspirittwg.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Immortal Arkken Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:55 pm

SJ Dixon wrote:The issue I have with a really high damage 100,000+ finisher like Incantrix's Spell is I don't see the point in doing that much damage.

Snaga, for one, can reduce the Incantatrix's Spell's damage to around 15,000, which is survivable for her.

Anyhow, a warning for those of you who are thinking of going through a skill reset: the trademarks now reset along with it. The executions will be saved, but you will need to set up new trademarks to go along with your new moves.

The Immortal Arkken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5