Generation eXcess << Behind the Scene >>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 162 on Tue May 14, 2019 6:21 pm
Latest topics
» It happened
TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 2:25 am by The Immortal Arkken

» Thank you, GX
TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:59 pm by cbbakke

» GX PPV: Brisas de Verano 2014 (2014-09-19)
TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 3:36 pm by The Immortal Arkken

» 3rd Show GX (2014-09-12)
TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 2:24 pm by The Immortal Arkken

» 2nd Show GX (2014-09-05)
TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 2:15 pm by The Immortal Arkken

» 1st Show GX (2014-08-29)
TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:12 am by The Immortal Arkken

» Any NFL Fans
TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 10:29 pm by cbbakke

» Elimination Matches
TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:05 pm by Black Spirit

» Win/Lose Records & Divisions
TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 3:05 pm by Black Spirit

TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl)

3 posters

Go down

TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) Empty TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl)

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:50 pm

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/public/phpbb3/complaints-about-chat-moderators-on-twg-t1068-10.html

For all my 14 months in the game I never entered that parody.
That guy was warned for "loling after the mod said something"
Really hilarious !

The code there is like in 12th century ... If you are a peasant and look a noble in the eyes - you hang. If you address a noble before he address you - you hand. If he is in bad mode - he can beat you to death without consequences. He can even kill you for entertainment of other noblemen.

Thats what is happening when 12yo kids get "drunk with power" (Power ? Really ? Having some rights in a chat with 12-20 people ...).

I am not concerned, nor banned or something. Just sharing this so you too can LOL at the situation (not the guy who is suffering).

Silver Fanged Wolf wrote:
Abdel wrote:
DocSpock wrote:It's not up for discussion or for anyone to explain publically what is going on. As you've spoken with the Mod super on this I'll forward it to Abdel to look into though the next stage is generally for you to msg him yourself first.

It's Ok, I think I can answer that here Smile

Silver Fanged Wolf wrote:I have a big question about the modding on s3. I've been on TWG for a while. About two years. I've spent most of that time on s1. But ever since I've joined s3, I've been subject to a bunch of warnings which I would call 'questionable' to say the least. I'm a former mod and helper, so I know how to act in chat, but with all that's been going on, it's obvious that there is no error on my part, so there's nothing I can do about the way I act that will change things, so now I'm taking this to the forums to see if the other side can be changed.

Here's how it started. I was in chat, and I brought up someone on TWG. Cartoon Head told me to PM him, but my PM's are acting very strange as of late, so I asked him would he PM me.

TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) 2mgs9jr

And I got a warning. Now I was on a new comp to me, when that happened, so I asked if someone could take screenshots. If I put this on the forum, everyone would laugh at me because I had no proof. The mod super would shrug, and everyone would just move on with life with me looking stupid because I didn't have a screenshot. Luckily, I logged onto one of my old fed's photobuckets accounts, and got someone else to upload a couple of screenshots that I couldn't get up there.

TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) Iwnkwo

And got another warning. I was upset about that one, because I'm a former mod, and would never warn someone for not agreeing with my call. I didn't argue, I just asked for a screenie so it could be reviewed.

So I took my screenie and went to the mod super, Jin. I asked him what I did wrong, and got this reply.

TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) Zzzzh

I told him that it made no sense to have to call everyone buy their whole names, and I asked why someone being called something in their name is an offense. People call me wolf all the time, I don't get upset and demand they call me The Silver Fanged Wolf. I got this reply.

TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) Zzzxzx-1

Which confused me even more. I've seen abdel in chat, people have called him abbie, and he's the VA, but he's never banned them for staff flame, and if the VA doesn't think it's offense, I don't know why it's not in the rules. I asked him why that isn't in the rules, and got this.

TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) Zzzzhmnn-1

So, I just take my issue and ignore it. I called someone by part of their name, and CH thinks it's very offensive for someone to be called by only part of their name. Then this happened, on the same day.

TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) Xmxmxmxmx

The same thing he warned me for, he did himself. I noticed other people calling him by only part of his name. I asked him if he knew about the ruling Jin said about being called by their whole name.

TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) Zzzzhmnnb-1-1

So I have a question about something that happened in chat, and the solution for him is to NOT discuss it in PMs? So basically I keep getting warnings for things that make no sense, and all I get is crappy explanations of why I got a warning. I got banned for something, but I didn't get a screenie of it, as the new system kicks you out when you get banned, which annoys me because if a mod wants to ban you for no reason, you can't prove your innocence.

I logged on today, and I got cautioned for saying my GM, Ronaldreedijk was still on. I came into chat, and said still on, and after CH told Jin in chat he PM'd him a couple of times, I got cautioned for staff instigation. Ronald wasn't offended, he didn't even understand what I got warned for. I asked, and got no answer from Jin. He sent me a pm, and I replied. I meant to delete his PM, as it was a blank PM, but I accidently added him to my ignore list. I said replied, and *waits* in chat, and got a warning for instigation, because I put Jin on my ignore list.

I tried to discuss it with Jin, but he kept ignoring my PMs, so I decided to talk to CH about it. I was having a conversation with someone in chat, then I asked was CH on, and next thing I know, I got banned for staff instigation.

TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) Zzzzzzzzzzzzzv

Now can someone please explain to me what's going on? Everytime I talk to CH, he says talk to Jin. Jin keeps ignoring me. I'm putting it here so that I can get an actual answer, for once.

Hello Silver Fanged Wolf,

I'll try to do my best explain why you get treated "bad".

First of all and due to your (not so bright) chat History/record on S1, you should not expect to be welcome on S3 especially when you keep up that attitude that got you in trouble over S1 (and you know what I am talking about).

Then Comes your problem with CH. my first remark is that you only screenshot and mentionned what you liked and what you have seen will support your cause (and that's normal), but I'm afraid even with all these "evidences" you failed to prove that you were oppressed. I don't see how you expect us to believe excuses like " my PM box is acting strangely lately" or "I confused the SEND button for the Ignore list button" or even "I don't know how to take screenshots". It's plain obvious that your sole purpose was to disturb the chat flow by instigating staff members.

I would really look farther into these accusations if they were coming from a honest member, but unfortunately they are not. You even lied about the fact that Jin told you not to PM me. Not only that he confirmed it, but the PM logs don't show any sign of such reply from him. I am sorry, I have no choice but to dismiss your complaint.

Lastly, If you just watch how behaved members act on chat and try to immitate their behaviour, you would keep away from all this hassle.

Sincerest Regards

Abdel

Abdel, you still haven't explained any of these warnings that make no sense. Jin told me that if PMd you I'd be wasting my time, because you were already notified. That's the truth. If you don't believe me, go ahead and check my PM logs. Unless you can only see the PMs that are still in the inbox, it's not in there. I looked for it. I know old PMs get removed for the new ones.

And on s1, I only have 2 bans and 2 warnings over the course of 2 years, and I got all of them in my first year. Also, I've been a mod, a helper, and a GM, so I know how to act in chat. I'm fine with not being welcome, that happens. I didn't expect everyone on that server to be my biggest fan. But when a mod baits me, and a mod super lets him, there's nothing I can do on my part to act better when I'm doing nothing at all.

When I got helper, and didn't say a single thing to CH, CH came into chat and instigated me, 'saying that maybe now I'd be less critical about staff members', in chat, but I left that alone, because JR told me to. He said CH would cause me to get in trouble, so I let him handle that, and I'm sure he'll say that happened.

Next, s3 is a weird server. I'm not flaming it, I'm just saying that compared to s1, things are in different places. It's weird to me. When I accidently put Jin on my ignore list, it took me 20 minutes or so to find out how to take him off. Plus, my PMs do act weird. I can't control it.

Also, I didn't only screenshot what'd help me, I screenshotted what happened. Are there any other screenshots that show something else happening? I'm fine with it, if anyone has any other screenshots of me causing trouble, I'm willing to live up to them.

I got two warnings, and a warning I couldn't see because I got kicked out to get banned, then I got banned again, and all of them except for the warning I can't see are up there. As for the PMs, I showed you the conversations that went on with Jin and CH. And I asked was CH on, and he banned me. I don't really understand how that doesn't show you how I'm being oppressed. I see people ask other people are they on all the time. I see people call people by shorter versions of their names all the time. But like I said, I'm the one who gets punished for it, which is why, once again, I state that this is a problem on the other side, as I am acting as a person following the rules in chat. No one is telling me what rules I'm breaking.

And those screenshots show me being banned for nothing. That's my evidence. I don't see how me saying 'are you gonna pm me' or 'is CH online' then getting banned isn't enough evidence to show that. I'd just like to walk into chat without being targeted.. there's no way to explain my warnings. And how are screenshots not proof of what happened in chat?
Abdel wrote:
Abdel, you still haven't explained any of these warnings that make no sense. Jin told me that if PMd you I'd be wasting my time, because you were already notified. That's the truth. If you don't believe me, go ahead and check my PM logs. Unless you can only see the PMs that are still in the inbox, it's not in there. I looked for it. I know old PMs get removed for the new ones.

Ok, I'll be precise here. You get warned for making snide comments or loling right after a mod (and precisely CH) makes a modding Call. You can keep that up, and pretend inocence, and we will keep warning you and next thing you'll find yourself permabanned.

And on s1, I only have 2 bans and 2 warnings over the course of 2 years, and I got all of them in my first year. Also, I've been a mod, a helper, and a GM, so I know how to act in chat. I'm fine with not being welcome, that happens. I didn't expect everyone on that server to be my biggest fan. But when a mod baits me, and a mod super lets him, there's nothing I can do on my part to act better when I'm doing nothing at all.

I am talking about your GMing record. You did that before with the GM leaders, and you are doing it again with Mods on S3. If you want to make fools out of staff members then you are in the wrong place, and that will only backfire on you.

When I got helper, and didn't say a single thing to CH, CH came into chat and instigated me, 'saying that maybe now I'd be less critical about staff members', in chat, but I left that alone, because JR told me to. He said CH would cause me to get in trouble, so I let him handle that, and I'm sure he'll say that happened.

He probably said the truth ?!!

Next, s3 is a weird server. I'm not flaming it, I'm just saying that compared to s1, things are in different places. It's weird to me. When I accidently put Jin on my ignore list, it took me 20 minutes or so to find out how to take him off. Plus, my PMs do act weird. I can't control it.

I fail to see how your PM box is any different from the rest of the players. No one ever reported a broken PM box within the game. You may say It's the comp, but how does it only affect your PM Box ? and only when you try to send PMs and not replying to them, knowing that in both cases you are using the same javascript ?

Also, I didn't only screenshot what'd help me, I screenshotted what happened. Are there any other screenshots that show something else happening? I'm fine with it, if anyone has any other screenshots of me causing trouble, I'm willing to live up to them.

There are logs of chat from your ban record. Here is a part:

"The Silver Fanged Wolf 19.25
CH, you still on?
The Silver Fanged Wolf 19.25
big lol moment.
Mod. Cartoon Head 19.25
Yes
The Silver Fanged Wolf 19.26
lol.
Cerebral Alchemist 19.26
lol"

Doesn't it look like you are instigating him ? ... Or, maybe we have a bad sense of judgement!

We normally let players get away with such behaviour when It is occasional, or unusual from them. But, when your sole purpose of using chat is to annoy others then expect no mercy from us.

I got two warnings, and a warning I couldn't see because I got kicked out to get banned, then I got banned again, and all of them except for the warning I can't see are up there. As for the PMs, I showed you the conversations that went on with Jin and CH. And I asked was CH on, and he banned me. I don't really understand how that doesn't show you how I'm being oppressed. I see people ask other people are they on all the time. I see people call people by shorter versions of their names all the time. But like I said, I'm the one who gets punished for it, which is why, once again, I state that this is a problem on the other side, as I am acting as a person following the rules in chat. No one is telling me what rules I'm breaking.

I'll tell you then. You are breaking the instigation rule. Not only you instigate a regular member, but a staff member.

And to have a clear Idea about the game rules, read the terms of service here (or at least try to): http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/terms_and_condition.htm

And those screenshots show me being banned for nothing. That's my evidence. I don't see how me saying 'are you gonna pm me' or 'is CH online' then getting banned isn't enough evidence to show that. I'd just like to walk into chat without being targeted.. there's no way to explain my warnings. And how are screenshots not proof of what happened in chat?

Your warnings were a result of series of interventions, so one screenshot per warning explain little to nothing.

To focus on annoying the game staff is just wrong, instead try to play the game abiding by rules and everything will be fine. You'll be given a chance to correct your behaviour, but if you fail to, you'll find yourself permabanned sooner than you expect.
We will welcome anyone who wants to play the game according to the rules. Anything outside of that won't be tolerated.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) Empty Re: TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl)

Post  SJ Dixon Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:23 pm

That's hilarious!!! Laughing

Can't believe how much these guys seem to believe their own self imposed hype. Seriously, they're playing an online game where you pretend to be a wrestler (a fake entertainment 'sport' in its own right), and because they're mods they think that makes them so powerful?!

Like I said, hilarious! Drunk with power indeed Laughing
SJ Dixon
SJ Dixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:08 pm

just a fun picture. Offtopic, but no need for another topic just for it Very Happy
TWG Chat - What a fiasco (rofl) Muten

Sadly, 90% of the mods have that false feeling of "godlike" and their supervisors are the same ...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:05 am

Silver Fanged Wolf wrote:CA said he youtube flying cars and got balloons. I did it when he said it, and I saw one of the videos. I thought it was funny, so I laughed about it.

Also, the reason you don't see CA's joke on the ban record is because I'm supposed to look as if I broke a rule, even though you can clearly see what happened in the screenshot. It's not just a coincedence. I'm just trying to make the game a better place by complaining so that the modding will be fairer. None of the other mods have any complaints about me.. none of them have ever warned or even cautioned me.. but suprise. CH is the only one who warns or bans me, because when he's around, everything I say has some sort of "special meaning."? I haven't been even warned in a year of being on s1, only one mod out of two servers has a problem with me.

And I would have a clean record in chat if I was modded fair, like everyone else was. I don't know if someone has a personal grudge with me or not, it's none of my concern. But their position is to mod chat fairly, not to try and run me off the game.

How was me saying lol making fun of CH, anyways? I was going to say do you mind if I pm you, but I got banned before I got anything out.

You still haven't pointed out how anything I've said is instigation. No one has. Not even the mod who's given me a ban and 2 warnings is willing to try and say how any of them make sense. Its like everyone is saying you got warned for instigation, but why is it instigation? I dont know. If no one knows how any of my bans or warnings make sense, then why aren't they being removed? Heck, CH won't even enforce the rule he warned me for.. in my screenshot he even broke the rule he warned me for himself.

DocSpock wrote:Abdel has made his decision so please move on or take it private with him. Any more attempts to argue with him ( or any staff for that matter ) publically like this ( when it should have been private in the first place ) will result in a warning/ban from the forums too. Yes you get a chance to air your grievances and you've had that but I'm not going to let you turn the forums into your personal soapbox stand to have your say against game staff.

The above posts will all be deleted in the next few days.

Silver Fanged Wolf wrote:Honestly, I would've gone to PM's first, but Abdel doesn't reply to most of my PMs, so I brought it here. I probably still have a PM asking why I lost helper in his inbox. lol.

Alas, I sent him a pm, and thanks for the heads up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Spirit Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:44 pm

Wow that's a big mess that started for no reason at all. The Mod looked like a tyrant.

The sad truth is that the staff need people like this to help them out with the game. If they send packing every Mod for every complain they receive, they'll end up using every guy joining this game. Honestly it's not a black or white situation.
Black Spirit
Black Spirit
Admin

https://blackspirittwg.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:48 pm

They need mods who act like offended girls and ban people just because they are in bad mood or like to abuse their "powers" ?
Interesting point rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Spirit Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Mapoko wrote:They need mods who act like offended girls and ban people just because they are in bad mood or like to abuse their "powers" ?
Interesting point rabbit

No, it's just that they get complains when their Mods are doing the right job and they get complains when their Mods are doing the wrong job. With the time, they get less sensible to issues like these. It's a common problem on Chats where the Mods don't get any kind of remuneration for their duties.
Black Spirit
Black Spirit
Admin

https://blackspirittwg.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:48 pm

I've been warned for stupid stuff in chat before. That's why I don't go into the chat much anymore. All the kids that post their "awesome" victories can do that all they want, but I can't crack a tiny joke or anything of the sort.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:59 pm

I've had a fair share of bans from Chat due to instigation. One was due to outrage when my old Fed (SGW) got shut down because of a Youtube video our GM made to actually make a statement against Mod abuse... Other times were simply due to catching a Mod on Banhammer mode. In the end, frankly it got to the point where there was no point to even use the chat.

I think even once, I did get this blanket "Instigation" warning, and did get banned when I then asked exactly how the action fell under that category. Then again, alot of us here have been around longer than most mods stay in power... so really its a pointless fight.

Funny stuff though. Perfect example of what happens when someone tries to fight the power on this game. Frankly they just need to place under the rules "Our way or the Highway".

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:12 pm

TWG Chat, no matter that in my whole "career" I've been using it 1 hour total, and the forums are the areas with the most censure in the whole internet I've been part of.
I got banned from TWG forums just because in some topic like "Block vs Dodge" (Not this one, but same concept) I had the opposite side of DocSpock. Lets say I said Block he said Dodge. Then I asked him to back up "Why Dodge" and I got banned Very Happy

That was pre-targets tho. He might have evolved ... But basically in TWG Chat/Forums are not a place for anyone who differ from a mindless sheep who nods and agrees with everyone who have some color.

Back to top Go down

Post  Wicked Clown Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:48 am

Personally I don't give a damn about some crappy "chat"! I never enter them in past and never will in future! So I don't understand why now there is noise about it? Because "Mods feel like "Gods""? C'mmon guys! Mods, admins always feel like "gods" and use their "power"!!! It's just an axiom! LOL And it's vain to argue with them.... it's just waste of your time! Smile
Wicked Clown
Wicked Clown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down