Generation eXcess << Behind the Scene >>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 162 on Tue May 14, 2019 6:21 pm
Latest topics
» It happened
WORLD CUP!!! EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 2:25 am by The Immortal Arkken

» Thank you, GX
WORLD CUP!!! EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:59 pm by cbbakke

» GX PPV: Brisas de Verano 2014 (2014-09-19)
WORLD CUP!!! EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 3:36 pm by The Immortal Arkken

» 3rd Show GX (2014-09-12)
WORLD CUP!!! EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 2:24 pm by The Immortal Arkken

» 2nd Show GX (2014-09-05)
WORLD CUP!!! EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 2:15 pm by The Immortal Arkken

» 1st Show GX (2014-08-29)
WORLD CUP!!! EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:12 am by The Immortal Arkken

» Any NFL Fans
WORLD CUP!!! EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 10:29 pm by cbbakke

» Elimination Matches
WORLD CUP!!! EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:05 pm by Black Spirit

» Win/Lose Records & Divisions
WORLD CUP!!! EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 3:05 pm by Black Spirit

WORLD CUP!!!

4 posters

Go down

WORLD CUP!!! Empty WORLD CUP!!!

Post  Black Spirit Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:02 pm

I don't follow Soccer but I know that the World Cup is a must see. I want to know who you're cheering for (which I know will be your country), the chances you think your team has and what other teams you think will have a good participation too.

I'll be cheering for US, Argentina and Mexico because I've lived there. Other countries I've lived in like Canada and Dominican Republic didn't make it to the World Cup.

I watched a lot of recaps on the weekend to see how the teams did to qualify and I could see how some countries dominated on their respective Leagues (Specially Spain which ended undefeated).

Anyways, I know some of you know more than me about this, so let's hear what you have to say.
Black Spirit
Black Spirit
Admin

https://blackspirittwg.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

WORLD CUP!!! Empty Re: WORLD CUP!!!

Post  Wicked Clown Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:55 pm

I like how the Netherlands and Germany play! Smile Therefore for them I cross my fingers! Smile
Wicked Clown
Wicked Clown

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:39 pm

I´m cheering for Germany!
And it was an good beginning Smile
I hope / think the will come to the half finals
And Spain has good changes to get the cup

Back to top Go down

Post  Semag D'Nim Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:32 am

USA (as I live there) and Australia - gotta love the Socceroos!

Semag D'Nim

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:01 am

Yeah I would cheer my country, Romania, but they are too good to play at the World Cup Smile)))))) they had a league of their own Smile))

But to be honest I think Spain will win because it has a good and mainly young team, and they deserve Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:00 am

I'm from Portugal and I really hope they lose. I know it sounds bad, but they are in really bad shape, their matches before the cup were awful... terrible... They don't work as a team, the coach is crappy and don't get me started on the C. Ronaldo subject. That is one of the worst players playing for his country. He's cocky and arrogant, the worst team player ever. The commotion in my country his uncalled for, people are like "lets give our support to our team", even TV shows are built around this. How can people forget so quickly the bad performances of their country team? I confess I hate most people in my country as much as I hate probably 2/3 of America (I mean no disrespect, I can elaborate further on my reasons).

I really don't like Spanish people, most of them annoy me, but I think the winner's there. They've got the best midfield of this past decade, their teamwork, creativity and ability to pass so accurately makes them the best team. Also, Torres and Villa are the top notch strikers, which can make the most of the backbone of their team's work. Defensively, they're not astonishing, still, the fullbacks and centers are competent.

The team I'm rooting for? JAPAN! ^^

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Spirit Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:39 am

Well, Portugal is on the so-called Group Of Death where Brazil and North Korea will give them a hard time. These are the match-ups for today:

Côte d'Ivoire Vs. Portugal
Brazil Vs. North Korea
Black Spirit
Black Spirit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SJ Dixon Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:58 pm

I'm kind of supporting England (my country) but after watching them disappoint for teh past 20 years since my first tournament at Italia '90 I have lower expectations now.

I also don't like the bandwagon jumpers who suddenly cheer for England when they were nowhere to be seen earlier in the qualifiers. I don't like most of the squad (especially the man. utd and Chelsea players). And the overhype the media come out with is also annoying. But other than that I hope they do well. Smile

We have a very easy draw up until the semi-finals when we should play Brazil. So long as we can qualify as group winners that is. So if we don't get that far then it's our own fault. We've got the best manager around to do it too.

I'm hoping for a Brazil-England and Spain-Argentina semi finals. Spain are my favourite team to win it and Argentina (despite struggling to qualify) have some of the best players.

Severus is my new favourite person after what he said about Ronaldo Very Happy

Although BS made me laugh with his "North Korea will give them a hard time" Laughing
If it's not 5-0 to Brazil tonight I'll be surprised (watch them go an win now just to show me up)
SJ Dixon
SJ Dixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:15 pm

In our "home bet" 9 of 9 people are for win for Brazil. I was tempted to bet on Draw to oppose my friends, but one of them is closing in points and I already lost one of the results today so ...

Back to top Go down

Post  Wicked Clown Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:27 am

SJ! BS was right! Smile PRK give hard ending to Brazil.... Very Happy
Wicked Clown
Wicked Clown

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:50 am

BRAZIIIIIIIIIIIIl!

Im rooting for Brazil always, because they play such a beautiful game. Ok yesterdays game against North Korea wasn't that good but it also wasn't as bad as when France played.

I'm also cheering for Spain - good team with good players
And the Netherlands

Also I really liked how South Korea played. Magnificent passing

Germany is also good, but I don't want them to win.

I definitely don't want Italians to win. I mean fuck those fakers. And the comments the Italian coach gave after their first game were so silly and wrong.
Oh and I also hope England doesn't win 'cause I really don't fancy how they play

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:24 pm

Thanks Dixon Very Happy I believe Ronaldo has the talent, he just doesn't have the right personality, I'm not talking about his tacky taste. Portugal had so many good players in and outside the field, like Figo and Rui Costa, who made football more beautiful with their teamwork. That's why I like Spain's team at the moment. Argentina's also good, but I don't know if they have what it takes. Brazil... Well, they have the players, but do they have the team? It was North Korea that was good or Brazil that was bad? I watched the game, it wasn't that interesting. And what about Maicon's goal? The keeper didn't a good job there, giving so much space when the player was almost in the goalkick line was bluntly idiotic.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Spirit Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Switzerland 1
Spain 0

OUCH! Who saw that coming?
Black Spirit
Black Spirit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:38 pm

Not me.
I thought that Spain would destroy Switzerland. But on the other hand Switzerland came first in their qualification group

Back to top Go down

Post  SJ Dixon Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:02 pm

So we're out, and deservedly so. The media have a habit of building us up to look better than we actually are and everyone buys into it. The truth is that we're not as good as we think we are and there's no strength in depth. The first 11 is good and could beat anyone on their day. But if they don't perform, or aren't fit, there's no one with any ability to come in and replace them. That's mainly due to no English youngsters being given a chance at the top clubs. They'd prefer to buy cheaper (and sometimes ridiculously overpriced) foreign stars, but that just stops us progressing.

I don't know what it's like in other countries. Whether the expectations are raised to ridiculous levels or if they're about where they should be. We really do have the worst media in the world I think. It's not something you can realise unless you're here.

------------------------------------

After that rant... Brazil are looking unstoppable. I'm predicting a Spain v Brazil final. With Brazil winning it.
The only country I can see breaking down that Brazilian defence is Argentina. But I don't think they'll get past Spain (and maybe not even Germany). Argentina don't have a defence and that might cost them.
SJ Dixon
SJ Dixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:18 am

I totally agree with SJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Spirit Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:28 pm

You guys are counting Germany out but they've looked pretty strong. I don't follow soccer but I've watched almost half of the World Cup games and Germany have shown that they know how to execute. They don't go around doing fancy moves but they know how to kick a ball out of the goalkeeper's hands.

I can see a Brazil-Germany finale or a Brazil Vs. anyone else. The truth is that I think Brazil already wrote their name on the Finals plate (Sorry guys from the Netherlands!! Laughing )
Black Spirit
Black Spirit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:36 pm

i see a Germany - Uruguay Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  SJ Dixon Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:51 pm

Well you were almost right Darktiby... just the other way round in both semi's!!
Although I think you posted that before the quarter's, so not a bad guess and quite close.

Anyone got any preferences for the final? Based on national rivalries or just dislike/admiration for the teams?

These are the two biggest sides never to have won the world cup. The two biggest underachievers in world football. At least one of them has to do it this time (unless they both do their usual collapse and Uruguay somehow win by default!). I don't mind which team wins as I like both, but I went for Spain at the start of the tournament and so I'm sticking with them.

Both teams play good football (although less so for Holland compared to their past) so it should (hopefully!) be a great match. Can't believe they've never faced each other before in a tournament!
SJ Dixon
SJ Dixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Spirit Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:47 pm

I don't know why I don't like any of both teams Razz . I really thought the German Power was going to get the job done but Spain got the best of it.... Not sure yet!
Black Spirit
Black Spirit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:45 pm

i guess i`ll put my bet on Spain Very Happy

and tnx sj, but i really wanted that final Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content