Generation eXcess << Behind the Scene >>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 162 on Tue May 14, 2019 6:21 pm
Latest topics
» It happened
Building Up EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 2:25 am by The Immortal Arkken

» Thank you, GX
Building Up EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:59 pm by cbbakke

» GX PPV: Brisas de Verano 2014 (2014-09-19)
Building Up EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 3:36 pm by The Immortal Arkken

» 3rd Show GX (2014-09-12)
Building Up EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 2:24 pm by The Immortal Arkken

» 2nd Show GX (2014-09-05)
Building Up EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 2:15 pm by The Immortal Arkken

» 1st Show GX (2014-08-29)
Building Up EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:12 am by The Immortal Arkken

» Any NFL Fans
Building Up EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 10:29 pm by cbbakke

» Elimination Matches
Building Up EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:05 pm by Black Spirit

» Win/Lose Records & Divisions
Building Up EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 3:05 pm by Black Spirit

Building Up

Go down

Building Up Empty Building Up

Post  Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:18 pm

What's the importance of the following skills:

-Berserk
-Frenzied Urge
-Feint
-Pacification

I'm unaware of the relevance of this skills, so, could anyone tell me how to level them up? I'm balanced and all are on zero...

Back to top Go down

Building Up Empty Re: Building Up

Post  Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:14 pm

They are all rather odd skills, but I can explain what they all do. This gets lengthy because they are kind of complex.

Frenzied Urge - For every 5 times you raise this skill you get another attack to your allowed attacks. If it's at 0 the most amount of times you can attack in a row is 5 before your opponent 'pulls himself togeather and fights back' and fights back.

Pacification - For every 5 times you raise this skill you take away 1 attack from your opponent's allowed attacks.

The least amount of attacks an opponent can do in a row, however, is 3. So if your opponent has 5 attacks and you take away 4, they still get 3 attacks before they 'pulls himself togeather and fights back'. But it's still useful if your opponent has 8 or 9 attacks because that's fairly common at higher levels.

Note: Nothing happens at all unless you raise them five times. So if you raise Frenzied Urge 9 times, you only get 1 extra attack. Raise it 10 times you get 2 extra attacks.

Feint and Berserker are a lot trickier to strategize with.

Feint - The higher you have this, the more likely you will inturrupt your opponents attack string. You may notice in your matches 'So-And-So interrupts his opponents attack sequence.'. That is feint activating. If you look at peoples status pages you'll see a 'bonus %' next to their 'attacks denied'. That's feint.

Berserk - The higher you have this the less likely your opponent will Feint you. If you look at peoples status pages you'll see a 'bonus %' next to their 'allowed attacks'. That is berserker.

So lets say you have 8% Feint 20% Berserker and your opponent has 4% Feint 4% Berserker.
In that match you will interrupt your opponent a lot because your feint is higher than his berserker. He will not interrupt you much because your berserker is higher than his feint.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:08 am

Still, you can compensate a lower skill of those with a high enough blocking skill? I completely forgot and now have almost zero points spent on those skills and 48 of blocking... It just seems to me that there are a fair amount of skills that appear to outlive their purpose when you reach higher levels.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:12 am

Well, it's not a matter of compensation really, IMO feint and berserk aren't essential skills but feint makes for nice insurance to go with high block; it can be difficult for a Balance to invest in them heavily so it might be fine just keeping them zero for now. If you're tired of your opponent cutting into your attacks though, start investing in Berserk. If you don't care about it then don't waste your time putting points in them.

Frenzied Urge and Pacification IMO are always helpful; plus at the higher levels you get so many points it's pretty easy to invest and raise their levels fast instead of raising 3 times, waiting for the timer to reset and then raise it 2 more times.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:52 am

Thanks, I'll probably invest a little in them, but not that much... I don't know why, but I don't think it'll really affect my character.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:39 am

Well Sonia already said everything.

I just want to give you an example.

I have 13 attacks and should have more than 20% in berserker.

If you have lots of attacks (Frenzied Urge) then berserker becomes a good asset to give you a better chance to hit them hard and long.

If you have a good Attack denied (Pacification) then Feint will be your best choice.

It's just a question of maximizing your strengths Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:27 am

I understand the concept, after all I've been the game for two years now. But we all now that theory not always applies in the combat, I wanted to know the importance of them in a match taking into account the kind of opponents I'll be facing and the different build ups.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:07 pm

Oh er sorry I probably didn't touch much on revelance, so I'll speak on that a bit. With Feint and Berserker either go into it full throttle or don't at all.

Importance: For you, I'd say zero.

As for Pacifist and Frenzied; Pacification is tricky, some argue that it's one you have to invest in heavily to be worthwhile since in higher levels a lot of wrestlers have like 9 or 10 attacks and denying them only 1 or 2 is kind of a waste of time.

On the other hand you're leveling the playfield against other classes that don't invest in Frenzied.

A lot of people have at least 2-3 denied attacks; On one hand that doesn't really hurt you because pacification is wasted on you.

On the other hand buying 2-3 more attacks is relatively cheap at your level. IMO it works really nice with submissions since they seem harder to block so if you have a lot of those in your moveset I'd invest in it.

Importance: .. That's a tricky one. Up to you there. I personally think the pros outweight the cons.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down