Generation eXcess << Behind the Scene >>
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 162 on Tue May 14, 2019 6:21 pm
Latest topics
» It happened
Role-Play Guide EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 2:25 am by The Immortal Arkken

» Thank you, GX
Role-Play Guide EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:59 pm by cbbakke

» GX PPV: Brisas de Verano 2014 (2014-09-19)
Role-Play Guide EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 3:36 pm by The Immortal Arkken

» 3rd Show GX (2014-09-12)
Role-Play Guide EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 2:24 pm by The Immortal Arkken

» 2nd Show GX (2014-09-05)
Role-Play Guide EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 2:15 pm by The Immortal Arkken

» 1st Show GX (2014-08-29)
Role-Play Guide EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:12 am by The Immortal Arkken

» Any NFL Fans
Role-Play Guide EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 10:29 pm by cbbakke

» Elimination Matches
Role-Play Guide EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:05 pm by Black Spirit

» Win/Lose Records & Divisions
Role-Play Guide EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 3:05 pm by Black Spirit

Role-Play Guide

Go down

Role-Play Guide Empty Role-Play Guide

Post  Black Spirit Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:07 pm

This guide was created by Mongo, first edited by Uncle Sam and now edited by me.

The goal of every member in Generation eXcess should be to help this Federation in it's quest of becoming the best in The Wrestling Game. One tool to accomplish this is having cool RolePlay (RP from now on). This helps the creative staff to develop solid story lines, and most importantly it helps us all have fun. So here is some info on RPing properly and respectfully.

NO GOD-MODING:

God-Moding happens when you take control of others. There are only three times this is acceptable:

1) You are the GM or working under the GM's orders.
2) You have specific permission from the person you are god-moding.
3) Partnerships. If you are a part of a team or a faction you may do basic controls such as having them to accompany you. Try not to speak for them, or have them performing complex actions such as attacking, or requesting matches.

RESPECT OTHER CHARACTERS:

If you are RPing, respect the characters of those you RP with. Example:

Imagine The Iron Wolf posts the next RP:

// The Iron Wolf watches Black Spirit walking through the Fan aXXess Hall. Black spirit argues with the fans and threatens a couple of them.

There are two major issues here:
1) The Iron Wolf was God-Moding, by controlling my character.
2) He was completely misusing my character. My character is neutral and wants the best for the fans and the show, so you’d never see him acting that way.

Good Example of The Iron Wolf posting about the same scenario:

// The Iron Wolf watches Black Spirit as he makes his way through the Fan aXXess Hall. Black Spirit salutes the fans and signs some autographs.

Here The Iron Wolf avoided controlling my actions and kept it general. He stuck with the fact I’m a GM and that’s what I might do in that situation.

AVOID CHAIR BASHING:

Yes, it looks nice on TV; some guy is walking through a corridor and then BANG! He gets nailed with a chairshot. Well, I won’t tolerate this kind of physical attack in RPs because when everybody tries it, it becomes annoying as hell. Save the fight for the ring.

If you want to feud with someone you can use a lot ways without attacking his character or insulting him in an improper way. Example of a good way to get in troubles:

Imagine ChainS posting this:

// ChainS enters the Sexecutioner’s Sexy Lounge. He sits on the bar and asks for a beer. The Sexecutioner hands the beer himself since all of the bartenders are busy. After sipping a little, ChainS yells:

ChainS: What kind of place is this? I came for a drink and hot girls and all I get is this hot as hell beer and a bartender that looks like Gorilla Monsoon.

This is enough to get The Sexecutioner’s attention, have a response from him and start some kind of feud. Both Superstars could start verbally attacking each other without fighting.

PUT EFFORT INTO ROLE PLAY:

Horrible RP:

Thomas Steel gets into Black Spirit’s office.
I want to fight for the title!

Same RP with a little more of effort:

* Thomas Steel can be seen walking toward Black Spirit’s office. He looks angry since he was screwed in his last match. The office’s door is open, so he gets inside.

* Black Spirit is standing in front of his desk, taking a look at some papers.

TS: Did you see what those punks did to me? I want payback! I want my title back! Next week, that good for nothing PROM and me. One on one. And if he wants to bring his lackeys with him, I will make paté out of each and everyone!!!

* Black Spirit is surprised after hearing this. He’s ready to speak.

Ooc: I talked to PROM and he wants this match too.

The first RP is short and lacks any real interest. It’s in one word: BORING. Don’t expect that to be included in the show. Now, the second one looks more interesting. It reflects the character’s mood in that moment and gives some storyline to it. It also helps everyone to understand the character’s attitude.

Things that can help make solid RPs:

- Gimmick. A solid gimmick for your wrestler gives you a guide for RPs. Black Spirit is neutral but stands against what is wrong. That means you won’t see him making unfair decisions.

- Spelling and writing skills. Try to do your best with this. Use punctuation, and space things out a bit for easier reading.

- Added Elements. Generation eXcess has a lot of environments, two announcers and one interviewer. You can use them, also respecting their characters (Another Thread will be posted introducing the rest of the staff). You can use valets or managers too.

- Length. Sometimes a short RP is ok. Just make it quality.

- Color Coding. As in the RP above create a scheme to denote parts of you RP. In the example above, I used asterisks (*) for the 3rd person description and another specific color for Thomas Steel’s words.

- Work together. Sometimes communicating with who you are RPing with you can set the full scenario so you can both RP appropriately. “ooc” is used when you want to add a note “Out Of Character”.

BUILD YOUR CHARACTER:

Who is your character? What are his goals? How is he dressed? Is he a heel or face?

By knowing these things you can build stronger RPs suited to your character. Here are some tips to building a strong RP character.

- Know the basics. Looks, heel or face, behaviors, where they are from all help you to decide how that person will deal with situations.

- Create unique mannerism. Black Spirit is strong but may have a strange sense of humor, so you might see him joking sometimes.

- Deepen your character with additional elements. Create a valet or manager that suits your character and use them in your RP. Find ways to set up the scenes you want.

Now a quick note:

If you do not speak English as a first language then ask for help here. I am sure one of us would be willing to help, especially me. Send the person your RP and we can help work out any issues.

The following is an Appendix added by Uncle Sam:

Tolerance for Others
Many of the players on TWG do not speak English with the same proficiency as others on here. This is not their fault. They should not be blamed for their inability to speak English as though it was their first language. It can be difficult to understand posts sometimes, and I have seen posts that I have had no chance of understanding. Writing is the only form of communication on here, and sometimes we forget to be tolerant of those who are trying their best to communicate in a language that is foreign to them.

To all of the players whose first language is English, try and put yourselves in their shoes. Imagine you are playing a game, and it is in Italian, or Spanish, or German, or French, or whatever other language you want. Just imagine it is a game that is in a language you do not know very well, or at all. Now, imagine how you would feel if you were being insulted or looked down upon because you didn't understand their language proficiently. I bet you wouldn't feel good, or welcome there. And likely, you would quit. Let's not make this harder for those who are battling the language barrier.

Broken English is one thing, but for those of you whose first language is English, this part is for your writing. Let's see a little stronger effort in here. Try not to use sarcasm in your posts, as a person trying to decipher English, the hardest language on the planet to learn, will not catch it, unless you put at the end "*sarcastic tone*", or simply write "in a sarcastic tone" in your RP. Also, try to use complete sentences, and some proper punctuation. I'm not saying everyone must try to be English majors, but at least make the conversations as clear and easy to read for both the non-English speaking players, and even the English speaking players. When we use your RP for shows, it saves a great deal of time if we do not have to edit everything to be readable. No SMS language, such as "l8r" for "later", or "r u" for "are you". This could cause your RP to not be used.

Do your best, and don't let this appendix to the RP guide scare you from participating or creating RPs. This federation depends on you for material that suits your character. We do not know what your character is all about, even if you give us a description, we do not know the manner in which your character will handle himself, or the wording they will use. The language will be cleaned up for the shows (I do not mean swearing, I mean editing), so feel free to write to the best of your ability.
Black Spirit
Black Spirit
Admin

https://blackspirittwg.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Role-Play Guide Empty Re: Role-Play Guide

Post  Black Spirit Mon May 07, 2012 12:58 pm

No need to update, really.
Black Spirit
Black Spirit
Admin

https://blackspirittwg.forumotion.net